OCTAGON TAPS MULTIPLE DIVISIONS and EXPERTISE to DELIVER 2018 KAISER PERMANENTE NBA TOTAL HEALTH FORUMOur Work, Kaiser Permanente, NBA, Basketball, Talent + Properties
This March, Octagon leveraged multiple areas of expertise and industry connections to help create and deliver the 2018 Kaiser Permanente NBA Total Health Forum, uniting leaders across health, business, community and sports on behalf of consulting client Kaiser Permanente.
This year's forum examined ways to improve the total health — body, mind and spirit — and well-being of underserved youth and families, reduce the stigma around mental health, and showcase how sports can create stronger and more inclusive communities in the U.S. and across the globe.
Here’s how the #OctagonFamily came together to deliver the Kaiser Permanente NBA Total Health Forum:
- Octagon Events managed the 200-attendee main event, including venue selection, guest invitations and registration, branding, décor, stage management, catering, credentialing and post-event reception. Prior to the Forum, the Events team coordinated logistics for an 85-attendee Community Partner Learning Lab hosted by Kaiser Permanente for Atlanta-based business and community partners
- Octagon Marketing advised on and directed program content and talent by identifying themes, facilitating collaboration between Kaiser Permanente and the NBA, and recommending potential talent with relevant expertise to serve as speakers and moderators. Following the six-month planning process, the team led all on-site logistics including talent management, stage management, guest coordination and media services.
- Octagon Talent + Properties clients Stephen Curry (2x NBA MVP, Golden State Warriors) and Hannah Storm (Journalist and Anchor, ESPN) were tapped for a one-on-one conversation on the power of sport, and Curry's efforts to build community around the globe. Storm emceed the event including a brief one-on-one with Laila Ali and a fireside chat with NBA Deputy Commissioner Mark Tatum and Kaiser Permanente Group President Greg Adams.
- Octagon Celebrity and Influencer Strategy Group, Octagon First Call secured boxing icon Laila Ali as the keynote speaker and emcee Hannah Storm.
- Octagon Creative led on-site content capture and production, providing both the NBA and Kaiser Permanente with imagery and long and short form video to serve via social media and internal communication channels.
The event was covered both by Forbes and CNN Health along with other local and national affiliates that cover sports, health and wellness topics: