OCTAGON AND SPORTS INNOVATION LAB COLLABORATION EXPANDS IN SECOND YEARPress Releases, Sports Innovation Lab
Octagon Hosts First International Event with Sports Innovation Lab
Stamford, CT (April 17, 2018) – Octagon, the sports and entertainment marketing leader, continues to grow its relationship with Sports Innovation Lab through events and content.
“When we began working with the Sports Innovation Lab, it was all about giving the team at Octagon and our clients more resources to understand how technology is changing the game for sports fans,” said Octagon North America CMO Lou Kovacs. “Looking forward, our partnership will continue to keep us ahead of the marketplace, and give us an even greater platform to create events and content that help our clients make their next right move.”
Octagon hosted a panel discussion on April 12 in London with Sports Innovation Lab Co-Founder and CEO Angela Ruggiero, Sports Innovation Lab Co-Founder Josh Walker and Head of Octagon UK Joel Seymour-Hyde. The panelists covered major trends in fan engagement, along with the impact on fan behavior resulting from new social platforms, advancements in AR/VR, smart stadium technology, disruptive media, and wearables.
“It’s an exciting time for the sports industry,” said Angela Ruggiero. “Technology is impacting every decision, and the leadership at Octagon recognizes the need to stay ahead of the trends shaping our market. We’re thrilled to continue our collaboration with Octagon and look forward to a number of events we have planned together this year.”
Octagon and SIL have already collaborated on several events including:
- Esports Beyond the Hype at Sports Innovation Week, featuring Octagon VP Matt Chelap
- Disruptive Media discussion including Sports Innovation Lab Co-Founder Josh Walker and Octagon SVP Media Rights Consulting Daniel Cohen
- The Quantified Athlete discussion featuring Sports Innovation Lab’s Isaiah Kacyvenski, NFL Players Inc. President Ahmad Nassar and Professional Lacrosse player Paul Rabil
- New Endemics featuring Octagon North America CMO Lou Kovacs and Sports Innovation Lab Co-Founder Josh Walker
- International Women’s Day Press for Progress panel discussion included Sports Innovation Lab CEO and Co-Founder, Angela Ruggiero
Octagon and Sports Innovation Lab will announce more 2018 events and content releases in the coming months.
About Us: At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. Then, we help our clients pick the right opportunity to make the next right move. We are a passionate team of 800 savvy veterans and bold upstarts, relentlessly committed to helping our clients and our teammates push forward. What’s Your Move? See more at Octagon.com and join us @Octagon and @OctagonUK.
Lauren Tietjen // VP, Global Communications
+1 203 354 7453