Intern: Global Events & Hospitality (m/f/x)
WHAT´S YOUR NEXT MOVE?
Octagon is one of the world's leading sports and entertainment marketing agencies, with 50 offices spread over 22 countries. We’re a mix of savvy veterans and bold upstarts, at it for three decades. A passionate team of 800+ around the world, relentlessly committed to helping you force fate and push forward to make your next right move.
As support for our team in Frankfurt, we are looking for an
Intern for Global Events & Hospitality (m/f/x)
starting at May 01, 2021 or earlier
Main tasks of this role will be the support in conceptualizing and executing hospitality programs for one of our biggest clients. Besides, project management tasks, pre & post-event planning, research and senior leadership support as well as event recaps will play a central role in your daily work.
The right candidate will be able to work independently, as part of a team and will work closely with the internal teams, divisions, clients and vendors around the world i.e. US and European based. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn account management, event planning, sponsorships, program logistics and event activation skills for a global client. Teamwork, excellent organizational and time management skills, willingness to learn, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility are required for this position.
Who we‘re looking for:
- You have a passion for and experience in hospitality and an affinity for sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or culinary, celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” positive attitude
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Team mentality and ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people and cultures
- English a necessity other language a plus but not needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Experience in design/creative software a plus
- Experience in online hosting platforms such as Zoom, WebEx etc. a plus
The work you‘ll do:
- Support account team across multiple international hosting and hospitality programs
- Assist with vendor management, premium procurement and property research
- Support team mates with planning and on-site / digital execution of event marketing programs
- Prepare pre/post-event materials on selected programs
- Manage documents such as status reports, inventory tracking documents and meeting notes, oversee international shipments
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation and conduct research as requested
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed to support on-site events
What we can offer:
- Interesting and comprehensive insights in our work as an international agency
- Close supervision by the respective project lead to ensure a steep learning curve
- A great team – open, engaged and dynamic
- An exciting corporate culture – with lots of internationality and collaboration
The position is ideally to be filled as a part of a six-month compulsory internship. Alternatively we are happy to offer a three-month voluntary internship. The internship is remunerated with 500€ per month. Please share your complete application documents - summarized in one attachment – with the following mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Across our family of agencies, our goal is to hire, celebrate, develop and retain a vast mix of diverse team members with different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences mirroring the ever-changing global demographics of the brands, talent and employees we work with.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.